Dräger X-am 5000
The Dräger X-am® 5000 belongs to a generation of gas detectors, developed especially for personal monitoring applications. This 1- to 5-gas detector reliably measures combustible gases and vapors as well as O2 and harmful concentrations of toxic gases, organic vapors, odorant and amine.
- Multi-Gas Detector
- 1 to 5 gas detection device
- for personal air monitoring
- detection of flammable and toxic gases and organic vapours as well as oxygen and harmful concentrations
- Ergonomic mobile phone design-Despite its advanced functionality, the Dräger X-am 5000’s practical mobile phone design and light-weight make it comfortable to carry. Reduced to its essentials, the two-button control panel and easy-to-follow menu allow for intuitive use.
- Flexible sensor exchange-It is easy to exchange, upgrade, or calibrate the sensors to other gases. The ability to customize the Dräger X-am 5000’ssensors makes more applications possible including the possibility to deploy in a rental fleet.
- Poison-resistant Ex sensor-For improved safety when facing unknown and potentially explosive hazards—the Dräger X-am 5000 provides dependable warnings in the event of explosive atmospheres due to the high level of sensitivity of the innovative catalytic ex sensor. It not only responds quickly to explosive gases and combustible organic vapors, it is also highly resistant against sensor poisons such as silicone and hydrogen sulfide. In combination with its long-term stability, this offers an extraordinarily long sensor lifetime of over four years. This will reduce operational costs.
- Durable sensor technology-Equipped with durable XXS sensor technology, the Dräger X-am 5000 offers maximum security at extremely low operational costs. The sensor’s resistance, in combination with its long-term stability, provides the sensor with a lifetime in excess of four years, which can help reduce operational costs.
- Robust and watertight-The Dräger X-am 5000 is water and dust resistant, according to IP67 standards. The detector remains fully functional and ready for use, even after being dropped into water. The integrated rubber protection and shockproof sensors provide additional resistance to impact and vibration. Moreover, the Dräger X-am 5000 is resistant to electromagnetic interference.
- External pump-The optional external pump, which operates with a hose length of up to 45 meters (147 feet) long for the Mark II pump, makes it possible to use the detector for pre-entry measurements into confined spaces such as tanks, shafts, etc. The pump starts automatically when attached to the gas detector.
- Area monitoring-In combination with the Dräger X-zone® 5500, the gas detector can be used for various area monitoring applications. Up to 25 Dräger X-zone® 5500 units can be automatically interconnected to form a wireless fence line. This interconnection of the area monitoring devices allow for the fast securing of larger areas, e.g. pipelines or industrial tanks—even within the scope of industrial shutdowns.
- Optimum solutions for function or bump tests, calibration, and documentation-Simple, fast, and professional: from a function or bump test to complete documentation, users can choose from a range of practical, on-site solutions that offer maximum safety for every application. The automatic test and calibration station Dräger X-dock® and the Dräger Bump Test Station are ideal system extensions that save time and reduce workload. Fresh air, mixed gas and single gas calibrations can be done directly using the Dräger X-am 5000 menu.
- Flexible power supply-The Dräger X-am 5000 can be used with the standard alkaline batteries. In addition, it can be fitted with a T4 battery that can be charged while still inside the instrument. The optional Save Energy Mode makes it possible to increase the operating time of the Dräger X-am 5000 to more than 40 hours. This is done by selecting a measurement interval of either one second (the standard), 10 or 20 seconds for the CatEx sensor.
|Up to 5 gases simultaneous monitoring||combustible Ex gases (catalytic), Amines, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2, H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SO2 and organic vapors|
|Alarms||360° ultra bright lights, audible (90 dB at 30 cm) and vibrating|
|Dimensions (L x H x P)||48 x 130 x 44 mm|
|Operating conditions||-20 to +50 °C / 10 to 95 % HR|
|Protection ingress||IP 67|
|Autonomy||>12 hours with NiMH battery|
|Charging time||< 4 h|
|Data logger||Infrared transmission > 1 000 hours logs (5 gases, 1 measurement per minutes)|
|Sampling pump operating||No tools required|
|Automatic start with the pump|
|Maximum sampling hose length||30 m|
|Certification||ATEX||M1 Ex ia I Ma II 1G Ex ia IIC T4/T3 Ga|
|CSA (USA)||Div.1, Class I, Groupes A,B,C,D T4/T3 IEC : Ex ia I Ma Ex ia llC T4/T3 Ga CE marking: electromagnetic compatibility 2004/108/CE ATEX Directive 94/9/CE MED Marine Equipement Directive 96/98/CE|