Dräger X-am 8000
Clearance measurement was never this easy and convenient: The Dräger X-am® 8000 measures up to seven gases, including toxic, flammable gases and vapors, and oxygen all at once — either in pump or diffusion mode. Innovative signaling design and handy assistant functions ensure complete safety throughout the process.
- Multi-gas detector
- 1- to 7 gas detection device
- For clearance measurement
- Detection of toxic and combustible gases as well as vapors and oxygen
- Specially designed for use with its internal pump, optimized for your requirements-The Dräger X-am® 8000 is equipped with a very powerful internal pump. It can be connected with hoses of up to 45 meters in length. A pump adapter makes it easy to switch between diffusion and pump mode at any time. This means the pump is only operated when you actually need it. That saves energy, reduces wear and tear, and thereby extends the lifespan of the pump.Handy and durable, the Dräger X-am® 8000 is intuitive to operate single-handedly using three function keys. The easy-to-read color display clearly lays out all the information for you. Standard accessories include a sturdy shoulder strap, so you can comfortably carry the X-am 8000. Thanks to its compact and robust construction, the device can withstand even the harshest conditions.
- Clearance measurement, release, and documentation in no time-The X-am 8000 effectively supports various applications with specially developed assistant functions that guide you through each process step by step. During clearance measurement, for example, the smart assistant calculates the necessary flooding time for the device and probe (FKM hose) based on parameters such as measuring gases, temperature limits, and the indicated hose length.When monitoring for high methane concentrations, a configurable automatic measurement range switch makes it easier to take a reading: if the Cat-Ex sensor measures values above 100% LEL, the display switches to the range of 0 to 100 vol%.
- Clear signaling design-The signal system of the Dräger X-am 8000 is based on a clear color code:
- Red light = gas alarm
- Yellow light = device-related alarm, e.g. low battery
- Green light = device is ready for use
- Economical Fleet Management-Bumptest and calibration are carried out simply and quickly using the Dräger X-dock® calibrating station. Its low test gas consumption keeps operating costs to a minimum. Its reporting function and numerous other useful features make the X-dock Manager PC software a smart addition to any fleet management operation. To identify the devices in the fleet, you can either use tried and tested barcodes or an integrated RFID transponder.
- Specialist for high and low hydrocarbon concentrations-To measure hard-to-detect hydrocarbons, you can fit the Dräger X-am 8000 with one of two high-performance PID sensors. The PID HC covers a measurement range of 0 to 2,000 ppm (Isobutene). The PID LC ppb is particularly suited for a measurement range of 0 to 10 ppm (Isobutene) with a resolution in the range below 1 ppm. For benzene-specific measurements, the X-am 8000 can be used with a pre-tube. The advantage: you only need one measuring device for this application, which significantly reduces the costs of purchasing, maintaining and transporting devices in use. The use of the pre-tubes is supported by a built-in assistant.
- Inductive charging protects against wear and tear-The X-am 8000 features inductive charging. This makes it easier to operate and increases the lifespan of the device. Issues like corrosion and contact problems in the charging cradle are a thing of the past. You can charge (outside of explosion-hazard zones) and measure at the same time, e.g, when in use inside vehicles or on machinery. The charging cradles can connect with one another, taking up minimal space, and are compatible with existing Dräger X-am® series cradles.
|Can simultaneously detect up to 7 gases||Combustible gases (catalytic or infrared), amines, Cl2, ClO2, CO, CO2 (electrochemical or infrared), H2, H2S, HCN, NH3, NO, NO2, O2, O3, PH3, SO2 and volatile organic compounds (10.6 eV PID lamp)|
|Alarms||Visual||3 LED red (gas alarms) + 3 LED yellow (device alarms)|
|Acoustic||Multi-tone, typically 100 dB(A) at 30 cm & Vibration|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||179 x 77 x 42 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 495 g without pump (550 g with pump)|
|Ingress protection class||IP 67|
|Temperature||-20° C to 50° C|
|Ambient conditions||Relative humidity 10 to 90% RH|
|Power supply||Lithium-ion battery, rechargeable & inductive|
|Run time||From 15 up to 20 hours depending on the configuration|
|Charging time||< 4 hours|
|Pump operation||Automatic activation upon detector startup|
|30 meters maximal hose length|
|No tools required|
|Certifications||ATEX||I M1 Ex ia I Ma II 1G Ex ia IIC T4/T3 Ga|
|CS1 (USA)||Div.1, Class I, Groups A,B,C,D T4/T3 A/Ex ia IIC T4/T3 /Ga|
|IEC||Ex ia l Ma Ex ia llC T4/T3 Ga for MQG 01|
|CE marking||Electromagnetic compatibility 2004/108/CE ATEX Directive 94/9/CE|
|MED||Marine Equipment Directive 96/98/EC|