The Honeywell HA-71 has a simultaneous display and alarm functions for up to 16 input variables, and can expand with 10 additional HA71 units to provide up to 160 points of gas detection.
A graphic LCD displays monitored data as trends, bar graphs and engineering units. Three adjustable alarm levels are provided per channel. Relay outputs allow control of beacons horns and other alarm events. A horn relay may be set for steady or pulsing operation. Nonvolatile memory retains all configuration data indefinitely.
Analog inputs may be accepted and conditioned via sensor specific analog input cards. Alternatively, the standard Modbus Master port allows input data to be retrieved from Modbus slave devices including the many Modbus compatible Honeywell Analytics sensor transmitter products.
The HA71 is easy to configure and user friendly. Measurement ranges in engineering units, adjustable alarm set-points, dual serial interfaces and many other features combine to allow the HA71 satisfy the needs of many demanding applications. It is widely used for centralizing the display and alarm processing functions in critical multipoint monitoring applications. The optional HA-71-HMI (Human Machine Interface) software provides complete data display and storage, with real-time channel data available in 24-hour or 15-minute trends, including historical alarm and maintenance data.
A RS-485 Modbus slave port allows up to 128 HA71’s to be multidropped onto a single data highway for interrogation by another Modbus master. HA71’s may also be cascaded by connecting one unit’s master port to another’s slave port and others are added by connecting appropriate 8 channel boards (2 required for more than 8 channels) to the economical I2C expansion bus. Familiar “telephone style” cables and connectors interface to this bus. This method allows versatile system configuration of options satisfying the most unusual user applications.
HA71 facilitates monitoring of ambient gas detection, rotating machinery, tank levels, flow, temperature and other controls.
• Trouble-free operation--menu driven easy calibration, no moving parts
• Improved drift and temperature compensation
• Accepts inputs from up to 16 4-20mA sensors transmitters.
• CSA certified to C22.2 NO. 152 for combustible detection and Class I, Div. 2, Groups A,B,C,D CE
• Touch & magnetic keypad for nonintrusive operation in potentially hazardous locations
• NEMA 4X (Div. 2 certified) and Explosion-Proof wall mount packaging options available
• 3 independent alarm levels per channel. Relay Acknowledge feature allows silencing of external audible devices during existing alarm conditions
• Graphic LCD readout displays monitored data as bar graphs, trends and engineering units
• Cal Mode offers pushbutton zero / span calibration for direct sensor interface applications. Authorization Mode allows locking of critical configuration variables
Wall or rack/panel mountable digital gas controller for industrial or commercial use
15 1/8” (H) x 13 1/7” (L) x 9 1/16” (D)
17 lbs. (wallmount enclosure)
7 lbs. (rackmount enclosure)
10-30VDC (24VDC nominal)
12 watts max
Analog Inputs (optional)
12 bit 4-20mA into 100 ohms input impedance; includes +power supply terminals for each channel for routing power to 2 or 3 wire transmitters
Master & Slave RS-485 half or full duplex ports equipped with Tx/Rx LED’s. Protocol = Modbus RTU
Common Alarm Relays
5 amp 30VDC or 250VAC resistive Form C
Discrete Alarm Relays (optional)
5 amp 30VDC or 250VAC resistive Form C
Analog Outputs (optional)
10 bit 4-20mA output. Max. load 800 ohms with nominal 24VDC power supply
128 x 240 pixel graphic LCD with backlight displays bar graphs, trends and engineering units
52 discrete LED’s indicate alarm status for 3 alarms per 16 channels and common relays
Operating Temperature Range
-13°F to 140°F (-25°C to 60°C)
NEMA 4X fiberglass wall mount
½ length 19 inch rack/panel mount
NEMA 7 explosion-proof wall mount
CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1 & 152 for combustibles & ISA S82.02